May 28, 2009

Between Friend and Love





Friend =Someone turned to me and asked"How many friends have you?"Why 10 or 20 friends I believeAnd began to named a few...
A blessed one you areTo have so many friendsBut think of what you're saying...A friend is just not someoneTo whom you say "Hello"
A friend is a tender shoulderOn which to softly cryA well to pour your troubles downAnd raise your spirits high
A friend is a hand to pull you upFrom darkness and despair...When all your other "so called" friendsHave helped to put you there
A true friend is an allyWho can't be moved or boughtA voice to keep your name aliveWhen others have forgot
But most of all a friend has a true heartFor from the hearts of friendsThere comes the greatest love of all!
So think about all thisFor every word is trueAnd once again answer please...How many friends have you?
After much thought I answeredI really only have just one"It's You!"
A Friend Is Always SpecialBecause Friends Love YouJust Because You're You!
"Bestfriend is the best key to be girlfriend/boyfriend...
and girlfriend/boyfriend is the best way to be bestfriend..."-nuzul.

Love =Love seems to appear differently to different people at different time. Below are some of what you may already heard about love.
“Love is blind.”
“The pleasure of love lasts but a moment, the pain of love lasts a life time.” - French proverb.
"love like never say good bye".- vernirra.
"love is crazy n weird".-bioclever.
“Love start with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.” – Dana Loeffel.
Do you still remember the time when you fell in love with your partner or spouse for the first time? How did love appear to you then? Is it something like this?
“A man in love sees a pimple as a dimple.” – Japanese proverb.
“Love means never having to say you’re sorry.” – Erich Segal
“Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.” – Isaac Watts.
“Love will keep us alive.” – The Scorpions.
The quotations above were true for me. Life was full of rainbows when my girlfriend and I were dating more than 20 years ago. But everything changed after a few years of getting married. Thus I tend to agree with the following quotation:
“Love is blind, marriage is the eye-opener.” – Pauline Thomason.
I asked myself why she was not as perfect as when we were dating. Why she changed? After doing a self-inquiry I realized that I have expectation that she need to fulfills. I expected her to behave in certain way. I expected her to communicate with me in certain way. When the expectation was not fulfilled, I felt love is war.
“On the day you crossed the line, I found out love is war.” – The Scorpions.
When we were dating, we live to the expectation of our partner in order to win her or his hand in marriage. When we get what we wanted, we will be our authentic self. Then life is hell for our spouse and vice versa. There is a saying about marriage:
“Marriage requires four types of “rings”: 1) The Engagement Ring; 2) The Wedding Ring; 3) The Suffe-Ring; 4) The Endu-Ring.”
Now I realized that I have a choice, to be happy or suffer by making my wife wrong for not living to my expectation. I chose to be happy and accepted my wife the way she is and the way she is not. Our life now is full of joy and laughter, just like when we were dating.
“We come to love not by finding a perfect person but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen.
“Love is nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it’s what you are expected to give – which is everything.”
“Love is accepting someone the way he/she is and the way he/she is not.”

No comments:

Post a Comment